Golf Course Rules & Regulations
THE CITY OF SAN ANTONIO’S EIGHT GOLF FACILITIES ARE MANAGED AND ARE UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF A NON-PROFIT 501 C (3) CORPORATION NAMED THE MUNICIPAL GOLF ASSOCIATION SAN ANTONIO (dba THE ALAMO CITY GOLF TRAIL or ACGT). BY THE CONTRACTUAL ARRANGEMENT, THE ACGT IS THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE EIGHT CITY OF SAN ANTONIO FACILITIES. THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE ACGT HAS ESTABLISHED THE RULES AND REGULATIONS TO PROTECT ITS FACILITIES AND AMENITIES AND TO PROMOTE THE SAFETY, HEALTH, AND WELFARE OF ITS GUESTS.
The golf course managers and superintendents (or his or her designated personnel), acting under the supervision of the President & CEO, have the responsibility for all matters relating to play on the golf courses. The course managers, the golf shop personnel, and the course rangers are empowered to enforce all golf course rules and regulations.
- It should be understood that guests play the golf course at their own risk. We do not require players to come in when there is a threat of lightning.
- Every guest is expected to have a reasonable knowledge of the game of golf prior to the purchase of a green fee round. All guests should be familiar with the rules and etiquette of golf outlined in the USGA rules of golf.
- The ACGT is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items on golf course property and not responsible for any injuries incurred during play.
- Any customer that would like to communicate with the ACGT can call the corporate office or go to our website (alamocitygolftrail.com) and email us with their concerns.
- If a group fails to keep its place on the course and loses their position in relationship to their tee time, it must allow the following groups to play through, while working on improving the position on the golf course (pace of play).
- All players must register at the golf counter before the start of play. Tee times are taken seven days a week. Only Level II Members are allowed to book 8 days in advance and are limited to only one tee time per Member.
- Walk-ups will be accommodated on a first come first serve basis. Singles and twosomes have no standing on the course and are permitted to tee off only at the discretion of the golf counter or starter. We reserve the right to prohibit any non-playing walker or rider from being on the course. Singles should not be allowed to tee off before noon on weekends.
- All players must have their own set of clubs and golf bag (or must rent clubs from the ACGT).
- All players in the group must have registered at the golf counter and have their green fee receipt. The ACGT reserves the right to assign players to a group in an effort to fill foursomes, no five-some will be permitted on Saturday or Sunday before 12pm. Five-somes are permitted at the discretion of the Golf Course Manager. The group should agree that if they are falling behind pace they will be split up.
- Jogging, bicycling, recreational walking, and walking or exercising pets, is not permitted on any course when the golf courses are open due to safety and liability reasons.
- Personal coolers are not permitted at any of our courses and all food & beverage items on the course must be purchased from the concessions provided by the golf course.
- All play begins off the first tee unless otherwise directed by the golf staff. The golf course marshal has full authority on the golf course to enforce all rules and the speed of play.
- Players can have only one ball in play during their round. Practice on the course is prohibited and guests must use designated areas to practice.
- Parking is permitted in designated areas only.
- No sleeveless shirts for men, nor bathing suits for women.
- In the case of excessive rain, or any lightning, rain checks will be given on a prorated basis on number of holes played.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL US: (210) 212-7572
The Alamo City Golf Trail is committed to ensuring that our staff and guests enjoy an environment of mutual respect. As such, the Alamo City Golf Trail will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment at its facilities.