ACGT Amateur Tour Series FAQ
What is the Maximum handicap allowed?
- Playing handicap to not exceed 36.
What is the Unclaimed Prize Policy?
- Official Unclaimed Prize Policy: All unclaimed prizes will be available for pick up the Wednesday following the event at Brackenridge Park with Ruben Caraveo - Director of Marketing email@example.com. Unless it is back-to-back tournament weeks; then the unclaimed prizes will stay with the ACGT Tour Director. The ACGT Tour is not responsible for lost or unclaimed prizes and will hold unclaimed prizes for 30 days after the tournament date. Following the 30-day holding period, all unclaimed prizes will be donated to The ACGT Tour South Texas Match Play Challenge Team. The ACGT Tour always recommends waiting at the course, day of event, until your flight is complete.
When do tee times come out?
- Tee times will be emailed and posted to the ACGT Tour Facebook on the Thursday prior to Saturday events and the Friday before Sunday events. If the event sells out sooner, pairings and tee times may be released earlier.
How do I get my tee time?
- You will receive your tee time via email you signed up with or is in our database. You can also find them on Facebook. Email Tour Commissioner Travis Salkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe you should have received a tee time but were not on the sheet when they are released.
What if I’m a die-hard member or employee?
- If you are a die-hard member or employee, you need to register manually by emailing Tour Commissioner Travis Salkowski at email@example.com and be placed on the "To Pay" list. If you do not receive a confirmation in 2 business days, please follow up. You are not signed up until you receive a confirmation.
What if I don't know my handicap, or don't have one?
- You can submit your average score and we will generate a temporary handicap until you have two (2) scores in the ACGT Tour database.
What tee boxes will I play?
- Tee boxes are announced in the second notice to players of every event. Seniors 62 and over can play the ACGT Tour white tees. Champ flight will always play the ACGT Tour Black tees.
How are flights determined?
- Flights are determined based on the amount of signed-up golfers. We try to flight 20-25 golfers before breaking flights. Golfers are then ordered from lowest to high handicap and flights are cut up from there.
I need to withdraw... what are my options?
- You can withdraw by emailing Tour Commissioner Travis Salkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can be issued a refund or Tour credit if it is before pairings are announced. If it is after pairings, you can only be given a Tour credit. Please follow-up if you have not received a confirmation email in 2 business days. Without a confirmation, your credit or refund was likely not processed.
How do I use tour credit?
- To use Tour credit, email Tour Commissioner Travis Salkowski at email@example.com indicating you want to sign up for X event using your credit from Y event. Wait 2 business days for confirmation before following up. No confirmation email likely means you are not signed up.
Can I use a gift card to pay for my tournament entry?
- Unfortunately not, the only thing that you cannot use ACGT gift cards for, is tournament registration(s).
Official HCAP POLICY
- You may use another Golfer Handicapping System or an average 18 hole score in your first ACGT Tour Event. The ACGT Tour will use this handicap to properly place you within a Tour Flight. Following continual Tour Play, The ACGT Tour uses its own proprietary handicapping formula. TOURNAMENT SCORES ONLY are recorded for two years, plus the current season. This creates a TOUR ONLY AVERAGE. This average is subtracted from Par, and calculated at 80%. This "Tour Average Index" is then converted to the golf courses rating/slope, to create a COURSE HCAP for each specific golfer.
- This handicap formula is NOT USGA TRANSFERABLE. Meaning, it is only used on The ACGT Tour.
What if I do not have a handicap?
- The Tour will use 80% of your unverified index or average score to calculate a "like average" for flight placement. Must have two scores in the database to be eligible for NET prizes. Your first score plus the 80% number, averaged together, will be used for the golfer’s 2nd Tour event.
What is the CUTLINE on the points standings?
- The cut line represents the top 50 golfers, who are invited to the season-ending playoffs.
What is the STMPC?
- The South Texas Match Play Challenge is a Ryder Cup-style event played against Houston every year. The ACGT Tour season generates 6 of the players for the ACGT Tour team and the other 10 are generated in the playoffs.
How do skins work? Closest To Pin (CTP)?
- Skins are gross within your own flight. CTP is full field. Cash only and cash payouts.
What is the weather policy?
- The ACGT Tour will notify players, via email and Facebook in real-time, about any delays or rescheduling. The ACGT Tour will plan for safety and playability. The player needs to plan for uncomfortable. Extremely heavy rain or electricity in the air will be some items that would reschedule an event. In the event of a reschedule or cancelation, transfer of funds or refunds will be given. In the event that a player doesn't show up, due to weather, of their own accord; no refund or credit will be given.
I sent an email and have not received a response?
- The ACGT Tour is run and operated by PGA Professional Travis Salkowski and a team of volunteer Tour Ambassadors, who all have other full-time jobs outside of the Tour. Responses may come early in the morning or late in the evening. Please allow 2 business days for responses before following up with another email. We miss emails, it happens, but we try our best.
It is tournament day, what are my responsibilities?
- It is your responsibility to be at the first tee 5 minutes prior to your tee time. If you are late, you will be stroked in accordance to the rules of golf, then DISQUALIFIED. If you are on the "To Pay" list, please allow yourself an extra 10 minutes to check in with the PRO SHOP and pay your entry fee. Entry fees are not paid to the Tour on tournament days, only the pro shop.
Are there any special rules for this league?
- The ACGT Tour is not a league, it is a Tour that follows all USGA and R&A rules of golf. The committee may enact Local Rules that are permitted by the rules of golf, but no unsanctioned rules modifications are allowed or enacted.
I hit my ball out of bounds, what are my options?
- The ACGT Tour does not enact the new 2019 Local Rule allowing you to drop in the fairway. Balls hit out of bounds MUST be re-hit for a stroke and distance penalty.
Can I get relief from ____?
- Please refer to the USGA rules of golf. We recommend downloading the USGA Rules of Golf guide app to your personal smart device. If there is a rules dispute, please play 2 balls, record both scores and then ask the tournament rules committee about the ruling after the round.
Who is on the ACGT Tour rules committee?
- The rules committee names are printed on the rules sheet at every event.